Dear friends,
I thought that I would update you on what’s happening in my life. For those that don’t know me so well you may not realize that I am very serious about missions and that I have wanted to move to Israel since I was a young child. This is not something that I have frivolously wanted, but something that I have spent much time in prayer about it.
That being said, just a few weeks ago I got accepted to join an international mission’s organization that has a base in Israel. It’s a two-year program that has two main purposes; first is to be a light to the people of Israel and second is to provide me with the education (Hebrew language, history and culture, etc.) which will establish a foundation for my own ministry later.
Many of you may know that I was planning on going last year; that was until a horrible chain of events caused me to postpone the joining process. Since then I have been seeking God about His will and timing. In March of this year I felt that I had heard Him clearly enough to restart the process of joining and so I called the ministry. After that it took several months to get the official “ok”. Now, it would seem I don’t have enough time to raise the support to get there. But for God! I know that He makes a way for those He calls.
With a monthly expense of $1,700 this isn’t something I can do alone. My home church is committed to supporting me, but as a small church, they are not able to do it all. I need to raise 90% of the required monthly pledges by the 23rd of July and the remaining 10% and the startup/air fair cost (approximately $3,000) before I depart on the 22nd of August, of this year.
What I’m asking of you is that first, if you have a pastor, would you please talk to them about partnering with me in this awesome opportunity, and second, that you pray about partnering with me yourself. All I need is 85 people committed to $20 a month, that’s less than 5 gourmet coffees. But above all, please be praying for me.
Now, that’s not a lot of time, but God knew long before I did how long it would take to get accepted into this ministry-and how little time I would have to raise support. In my spirit I feel that, like Gideon may have, He wants all the credit for getting me over there.
If you feel that this is something you want to be apart of, or if you have any questions, please email me for further information.
In HIS Service,
Daniel Hudson
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment